Meeting of the Colorado River Board of California – Wednesday, March 9, 2022
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN pursuant to the call of the Chairperson, Peter Nelson, by the undersigned Executive Director of the Colorado River Board of California that a regular meeting of the Board Members is to be held as follows:
Date: Wednesday, March 9, 2022
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Place: Pursuant to Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-1-22 issued on January 5, 2022, this meeting will be held virtually via Zoom Webinar. Board members will receive instructions separately. The public are welcome to attend. Attendees may access this meeting using the following:
Webinar Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88032754518
Telephone: US: +1 669 900 9128, enter Meeting ID: 880 3275 4518, followed by #; then press # again to connect.
The Colorado River Board of California welcomes any comments from members of the public pertaining to items included on this agenda and related topics. Members of the public may provide comments in the following ways:
(1) Public comments may be submitted by electronic mail, addressed to the Board’s Chairman, Mr. Peter Nelson, at email@example.com and will be accepted up until 10:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting;
(2) During the meeting, members of the public may submit comments by participating in the Zoom Webinar and utilizing the “Q&A” feature in the control panel; or
(3) By calling into the Zoom Webinar using the telephone number above and pressing *9 to “Raise Hand.” Please note, written submissions will be read aloud at the public comment period to the extent they fit within the five-minute time limit.
If accommodations from individuals with disabilities are required, such persons should provide a request at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting by electronic mail to Board staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests for additional information may be directed to: Mr. Christopher S. Harris, Executive Director, Colorado River Board of California, 770 Fairmont Avenue, Suite 100, Glendale, CA 91203-1068. A copy of this Notice and Agenda may be found on the Colorado River Board’s web page at www.https://crb.ca.gov.
A copy of the meeting agenda, showing the matters to be considered and transacted, is attached.
COLORADO RIVER BOARD OF CALIFORNIA
Wednesday, March 9, 2022
At the discretion of the Board, all items appearing on this agenda, whether or not expressly listed for action, may be deliberated upon and may be subject to action by the Board. Items may not necessarily be taken up in the order shown.
COVID-19 BOARD OPERATIONS NOTICE
The Board is following guidance provided by Governor Newsom, pursuant to Executive Order N-1-22 (January 5, 2022), for adhering to the Bagley-Keene Act’s open meeting requirements.
1. Call to Order
2. Opportunity for the Public to Address the Board1 (Limited to 5 minutes)
a. Consideration and approval of February 9, 2022, Board meeting Minutes (Action)
b. Consideration and approval of letter to U.S. Bureau of Reclamation supporting action on Paradox Valley Unit salinity control project (Action)
c. Consideration and approval of resolution on application for Lower Colorado River Water Supply Project (Action)
4. Colorado River Basin and Local Water Supply and Operations Reports
5. Colorado River Basin Programs Staff Reports
6. Executive Session2
7. Other Business
8. Future Agenda Items/Announcements
Next Scheduled Board Meeting:
April 13, 2022
10:00 a.m., Pacific
1 In accordance with California Government Code, Section 54954.3(a).
2 An Executive Session may be held by the Board pursuant to provisions of Article 9 (commencing with Section 11120) of
Chapter 1 of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code and Sections 12516 and 12519 of the Water Code to
discuss matters concerning interstate claims to the use of Colorado River System waters in judicial proceedings,
administrative proceedings, and/or negotiations with representatives from the other Basin states or federal